Friday, May 23, 2008

Must have been a mistake ...

Seriously. I mean, that chocolate strawberry jam I was making was so nasty. Tar like gross. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. Yuck. I don't know what I did wrong, but whatever it was a colossal mistake and a mistake that took up every free moment of an ENTIRE day. But then, my friend Megan pointed out freezer jam. Freezer jam? I had never even heard of it, but that stuff is seriously soooooo delicious!!! Yum! I made a triple batch (in less than an hour!) with the last good sale on strawberries for the season. That triple batch made 11 jars of the jam. I'm just itching to try another type of freezer jam as soon as another good fruit is in season ... they suggested cherries on the instruction sheet. YUM!!! (Here's a side by side view of the freezer jam --light and delicious-- and the tar-like mistake ...)

Then look at this sweetness that was dropped off the other day, such a nice thank-you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I looked up freezer jam in "google" and there were so many recipes!! Which one did you use - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used the recipe that came in the fruit pectin you use. The Smith's version was only $1.39 and each batch made three and a half jars of jam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Homemade jam is the best!

    My favorite is to make blackberry/strawberry jam. The taste is the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)