Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pottery Barn Noel Sign

So while flipping thru the Pottery Barn magazine the other week I saw this Noel wall art. Swoon ... but the $150 price tag is sooooooo far beyond my budget right now! And the fact that it was already sold out of course didn't help much either.
So, I had some random wood laying around. Literally ... I got two pieces of particle board 4'x8' at the auction for $5 (!!!) total and so there is a lot of random wood laying around the garage waiting to be used up from other projects.
So, I used the Arial Narrow font in bold and just enlarged it in photoshop until it was the size of the wood piece I had, traced it on & Ryan cut it out with the jigsaw for me. I decided that I liked a dark red better than the dark brown ... 3M Velcro on the wall and voila!


Isn't it AWESOME??? Love the way it fits perfectly on the side of the wall next to the rustic Christmas trees, it's perfect ... and it only cost me the $2.47 for a HUGE (still half un-used) tube of red paint. :) :) :)And now that little table right at the top of the stairs looks nice & festive ... and I love it! Now if I could just stop getting the kids to steal the little nativity pieces we'd be set.

I'm linking up to the Shabby Nest Frugal Friday (how do you put those fun little buttons on a blog post???) and 30 days pity party , Funky Junk Interiors and a Little Lovely's Saturday Soiree! :)

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! You are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-
    I came across your blog from "A Little Lovely." I too love that NOEL sign. I love your idea of velcro on the wall. I never would have thought of that. But now I'm definitely going to use that. I am a new follower to your blog.
    Jennifer
    www.bigdandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I had the same thought when I saw that in the catalogue. Wasnt able to convince the husband to get on board with cutting it out though. Maybe after seeing yours he'll get on board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm betting it even looks better than the one in PB...Great job...I love it!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! and your nativity, too!

    I think I have found a new fave blog here!

    Stop by and see my sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the NOEL wall art from Pottery Barn, but of course couldn't spend that much on it, yours looks amazing!

    I found you on Funky Junk Interiors! I am also one of your new followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job, better than PB! Way to go!

    New follower!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is freakin' awesome!!! You are so fortunate to have such a crafty husband to help you make your (or Pottery Barn's) visions come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! LOVE the red! Much kudos for making the letters yourself!

    I made a similar one a few weeks ago. Check mine out @ http://cowtownkc.blogspot.com/2010/11/pottery-barn-knock-off-noel-sign.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)