Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Butterfly Artwork

So this was the inspirational piece ... and this was my version ... and my friend Christy who did one on the same day with me. (I like hers better)An awesome friend of mine cut the circles out for us using her cricut. Then it took us most of a day to lay out the pieces, and get the shapes we wanted. We hot glued the buttons down. And we stitched the paper pieces, then spray glued them down. The process of actually adhering the pieces all down took less than an hour. And the best part is, it's a LOT less than the $150 price tag of Pottery Barn Kids! :)

Price Break Down:
Scrapbook Paper - $1.20 (Bought @ Jo-Ann's for 5 sheets for $1)
Canvas Board - $9.00 (size is 24" x 24")
Buttons - $1.50 (found in the bead/craft section at Wal-Mart, one bag is 4 oz & was enough)

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome. You did a great job. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got the crazy mad skillz, girl! The butterfly is just TOO COOL! I love it! How do you do it all? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)