Friday, August 7, 2009

The Fairy Birthday

Woah, it's finally over! It may not look like a lot of work ... but with so many little ones under foot, it really took all of my free time to do this party! :)I bought this digital scrappin' kit and used it for the party invite & to make some cute cupcake toppers. Savannah wanted them to be all the colors of the rainbow ... I made tissue paper flowers and put them all around the house,and arranged butterflies everywhere too (thankfully my Mom was there to help the day prior ... or nothing would have gotten done as easily). A simple sign was made to welcome the girls when they arrived. I enlarged one of the fairies from the digi-kit and made a pin the wand on the fairy game. Large flowers & butterflies were hung from the chandelierMy friend Lacie found a great website for the fairy wings & pre-made wands. And I made the tutu's using this tutorial (although it would have been cheaper to buy them with the fairy wings). Jedi/Elf Robes were made for the two boys using a robe pattern.She was in absolute heaven having her friends over to play & celebrate her birthday with her. They didn't seem as interested in the games I had planned, but just playing on the swing set. And now, thank heaven! It's done!

7 comments:

  1. what a lot of BEAUTIFUL work! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! You sure know how to throw a party!!! Everything looks beautiful, and the partygoers look like they had a blast! Great work, Mana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl....It was awsome...My little butterfly will be lucky to get streamers... :( I am not a party goer!! You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira....TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL! How fun! I bet she had a blast. Very cute...I am working on the final stuff for his 3rd birthday. I created the invitations by myself... I just need to take a picture of him...closer to his bday and print! Thanks for sharing your hard work. I love to see this kind of stuff! You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! She must have been in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is beautiful!!! Wow, way to go mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This fairy birthday was truly fantastic. At some local New York venues my nephew’s third birthday will also be celebrated in next week. I wonder if you have some birthday gift inspirations too for little boys!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)