Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthdays & Gifts

So life got in the way and I didn't get as much done as I thought I could (isn't that always the case?) but, I was able to make a gift for my son's friend. Hunter has a friend who is the most adorable little girl. He always tells me they are going to get married one day (he could only hope to be so lucky) ... lol.

Anyways, she was over for a playdate on Thursday and noticed Savannah's little caterpillar blanket. She loved the bright colors and asked me to make her one for her birthday (which was on Sunday). I told her that I really couldn't make her a blanket that fast (let's be honest ... I can't finish projects I've been working on for months!), but she kept coming over to look at it & telling me how she loved the little caterpillar on the leaf and the big butterfly. After she left I kept trying to think of something I COULD do for her.

So, I went and bought another panel for her. I made her a cute tote and pillow (with the two parts of the panel she kept telling me she loved) and then got her the book.I loved the idea so much, I took the remaining part of the panel (the caterpillar) and ironed him on another tote for Savannah's birthday (she's getting her caterpillar blanket, with the book & now the tote too!).

Then ...

It got me thinking about my nieces & nephews & Christmas. Can you believe it's already time to start thinking about that?!?!? And I started telling my husband about how fabric for Brown Bear, Brown Bear is coming out this October. And wouldn't it be DARLING to make each family a tote with the panel and put a book and then a soft stuffie inside for them? And my husband of course looks at me like I'm CrAzY (which I am) and as we're discussing this we are walking into Kohl's. And guess what was there, sitting at the front counter for me??? A brown bear stuffie for the Eric Carle book! Literally, look at this!!! I called it divine providence, picked up two for them and my poor honey was just laughing & shaking his head at the check out stand. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, my husband gives me that crazy look a LOT!! LOL

    I LOVE those ideas!!! Where did you get those black totes?? I have been looking for those!

    Where did you get the fabric too?? It's AWESOME!! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! Yes, where did you get the black totes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. they had the black totes at joann's ... three pack for $8.49 ... glad you guys like it ... she did too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)