Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's 'cause I said it out loud ...

You know of Murphy's Law? Well, yeah it's happening over here. I said my goal out-loud ... I should have knocked on wood or something, because just like that! Things started going kooky over here.


My machine broke. I don't know what I did, but I broke it, it's doing this jerking thing and then it freezes up and jams and breaks needles ... it ain't pretty. I thought it must be something that can easily be fixed, right? So I took it to the quilting group today, who all advised taking it to the repair man ... which takes DAYS. With Ryan gone right now this has been my little bit of sanity and enjoyment. The days are kind-of hairy with the kids (we are on day 12 of 14) and then I get my evenings to relax and sew. I could NOT make it the next couple of days alone ... without my machine to keep me company at night. LOL. So, I found an awesome, brand new machine on Craigslist. It cost as much as the repair will ... but it was an instant gratification. And!!! She threw in her walking foot too! :) YEAH!


Then I dropped my cutter on the tile and now it won't rotate and cut anymore. So, I *had* to go buy a new one from Jo-Ann's. It's a nice, big one and I love it ... but unfortunately it meant no sewing for today ... so instead I tied on the strings on the Christmas ornaments (and worked on a super-awesome project that I've been working on for almost a year now) ... project #4 is tomorrow ... as long as something else doesn't go wrong ...

2 comments:

  1. Eeep! When it rains, it pours. I'm glad you were able to find a quick replacement for your machine. And your rotary cutter. But now you're all set! Happy stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let these little distractive pests keep you from your goals! Keep going, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)