Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guess it's time to start ...

So I had this goal to make a cross-stitch for each of the kids when they were born. Here's Hunters and here's the link at Jo-Ann's. And then here's Savannah's (with the link here - it's a much better photograph then I took-). And since Colton's birthday is on Thursday, I guess it would be a good time to start on his too. LOL. I bought this kit when I was pregnant with him, but it came with a linen backing, not the usual 14-count Aida cloth I'm used to working with. So I picked up some with my 40% off card this past week. Here's my progress so far ... with Sunday stitching and tv time ... maybe I could have it done by Christmas???

Then it is Hunter's last week before the dreaded all-day kindergarten, so this week's goal isn't going to be craftin, but instead taking full advantage of these last few days I have with him. :) So, last night we went to the strip (sometimes I even forget it's there) and saw the flowers at the Bellagio. This time it had some large, mechanical bald eagles, American flags everywhere and trains. :) It's one of our favorite things to see here in Vegas, and then checking out the chocolate fountain right next to it and the fountains in front. Makes for a really fun, and free family night.

1 comment:

  1. I love the moon and stars cross stitch! so cute :)

    We also love the Bellagio gardens... our favorite place on the strip too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)