Thursday, August 14, 2008

Savannah's Birthday

Yeah for fantastic hubby! He fixed the computer, so I finally was able to load up the pictures from Savannah's birthday! :) I came down with a nasty flu bug the last couple of days ... which is actually a bit of a relief. I've been having hot & cold flashes for about a week and kept thinking ... "I'm too young for menopause, right?" LOL. I wanted to make more for her birthday, but with Hunter starting school in a week and a half and baby's birthday coming up next week too, it limited my "making" ability. I did however make her a birthday banner. I had made my husband one like it for his birthday and both took me about seven hours from start to finish. I don't have a fabric stash, so I picked up scrapbook paper, and was able to get 4 triangles out of each paper so it works out to be pretty in-expensive. Of course, I was finishing it like crazy the night before her birthday, when I realized I had run out of bias tape for her ... and there was NO way I was doing a Wal-Mart run at 11:30 at night, so I used some light blue that I already had and put Savannah's name on a separate string in the front room. Then I also made up a little tutu for her using this tutorial. Unfortunately, this is the best photo I have of the bunch ... but you can still see it and she loved being dressed like a little princess for the day. :) Which is what really mattered, right? I'll post pictures of the AWESOME blanket that Mati did for her on Friday ... but if you'd like to see some of the pictures, here's her posting about it.

4 comments:

  1. I love the birthday banner. I need to make one of those for an upcoming birthday around here. and congrats on being featured on CRAFT magazine website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Amanda jean I couldn't believe it when they showed me on their too! I called my husband freakin' out. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)