Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11

Yesterday I had an unfortunate job to do ... explaining 9/11 to my son. We pulled up videos, pictures and really discussed it. I couldn't help but cry as I re-watched it all over again.And also a bit for the realization of how much our world changed because of it ... he already knew who Osama Bin Laden was, the war on terror and we know several families whose husbands serve in the military. He asked a lot of questions, and wanted to know our own personal story of the events. And then, because it was Sunday & our Sabbath, we turned it off and told him we would spend more time on it today, which I'm about to do. I know I won't forget, but what I appreciated most about the time afterwards, was the unity I felt in our nation, how prominent God became in so many people's lives and the display of the American flags, everywhere. God bless America, and the troops serving to help protect our families and God bless those who lost loved ones that day.

1 comment:

  1. James was asking us about it when I watched the taped Spoken Word that was on yesterday. We didn't go on it for a long time, but what we told him, he understood. It is crazy to think it has been 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)