Friday, November 19, 2010

Hey everybody!

I'm finding my mojo again ... it's been a long time since I crafted, sewed or did anything crafty and I've realized how much I've missed it. So, I've been hanging up picture frames and finishing projects that I started and for the first time since the move, I feel more like me, more like things are okay & even though my house is getting messier in the process ... I'm also de-junking and getting that slowly under control, yeah! :)
So, here's the first thing I've started on ...
There is a fun little estate auction here in town. I have been able to score some GREAT deals before and this last week was no exception. I was able to pick up two cribs (with no guarantee that all the parts were there mind you) and a crib mattress for $2.50!!! While we had all the pieces for one crib, the pieces for the other were missing. So, I racked my brain for a few days on how we could utilize the crib walls and then I saw this, and this on the pottery barn kids website.
So, we are in the process of chopping off the tops & legs, filling in the holes with putty & getting ready to spray paint! Hopefully, I'll have a finished project to show you on Monday! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome...I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Welcome back! Doesn't it feel good when the mojo returns? I'm glad to hear all is going well. :)

    Brilliant plan for those cribs! Can't wait to see how they come together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)