Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

I have been going to the thrift stores, but been very exact in my wants ... we're trying to not spend anything extra ... the economy in Vegas is BAD and you never know, you know? So, I have been looking for thrift stores sheets to finish up some blankets and not letting myself go over to the other sections. So I'm afraid I have nothing really to show for the visits (although Savers is having a 50% off sale on Monday! I'm saving my pennies for that!!!).
But I wanted to show an old thrift store purchase (that is still one of my favorites).
I always wanted a doll house like this and now Savannah has two in her room ... one as a bookcase and the other her Daddy did for her. The best part was, it was new in the box and only $15! I was going to take a picture of it in her room, but it's a M-E-S-S and I need to hurry up & post this & get on with my day. This still sells at Target and was an obvious knock-off of the one they have at PBKids. It was missing two of the screws for it, but a quick visit to a hardware store & $1 later and it's perfect! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'd love to find a bookcase/dollcase like that at the thrift store.

    I posted a picture of the cowgirl quilt on my blog.Looking at the picture it looks very busy but I refuse to take it apart.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)