Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just sittin ...

I'm sitting here holding the baby who FINALLY went to sleep, waiting (anxiously) to see the season finale to Celebrity Apprentice. Haven't really been a huge apprentice fan, but definitely have gotten into it the last couple of weeks. :) But, I wanted to make sure to share this cute little purse I made for my daughter! I followed this tutorial over at Purl Bee and it was so easy and fun to make! I used some material that I have had in my stash forever (picked up from Jo-Ann's at least three years ago) and an old fabric belt for the straps (my friend gave it to me instead of goodwill). Savannah obviously wanted that belt. :) Than I saved the rings from the belt for a bebe au lait (to be made later). The inside dots were a garage sale find and I have yards and yards of that stuff. The only hard part is that the size of the bag didn't allow much of the design fabric to come thru well, definitely going to make this bigger next time. It was a super fast little thing and my daughter is loving it. :) The only adjustment I made was sewing the lining and outer fabric separately instead of together like the instructions said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for sharing! :)